Most of my friends have left Sevilla because our semester ended on Thursday, but I am here to finish up an extra class. I'm actually not as lonely as I thought I'd be though. I've been spending a lot of time with my host family and it's also been really nice to have alone time. It's given me the opportunity to reflect on my experience here, whereas if I would have left Sevilla the day after classes ended (like most of my friends did) I would have been immediately thrown back into life at home and would not have had this time to reflect.
Today, I spent some time reading some of my blog posts and I laugh at some of the things that I had forgotten happened here. I also read the list of all of the American things I miss and all of the things I disliked here at times and I realized that as much as some of those things did suck, they are what made my experience here. Things like my siblings walking in on me while I was showering, them almost breaking my computer, walking 30 minutes to class and crying because my feet hurt so bad, the intense heat, the rainy days that I had to taxi to class and just wished I could drive there myself and not waste 8 euros, sobbing while Skyping my family wishing I could go home, hysterically crying on our last night here at the club. All of those things that weren't ideal are what made my amazing experience here and have given me great stories to tell.
My time here is honestly indescribable and it's a weird feeling knowing that as much as I talk about it and try to retell my time abroad no one will ever understand just how amazing it was. I love all of the new friends I made here from all over the U.S. It is a wonderful thing to have at least one friend in almost every of the 50 states. These people that I lived my experience with and became so close with in our time here will always hold such a special place in my heart and even though our time in Sevilla has ended, we are forever bonded. I cannot express into words what an incredible semester this has been and all of the memories that I now have. And I also can't put into words how much I love Sevilla and how it hurts to know that in a few weeks I will be leaving this beautiful city. My heart is so full and I have so much love for Sevilla. The amazing cobblestone streets, the orange trees that give the city such a distinct smell, the horse drawn carriages (minus the poop the horses left e
verywhere, but honestly I will miss that too because it is part of Sevilla
). I will miss it all so so much.
This has been the most incredible time of my life. And even though it hurts to know that it is over, I could not have taken more advantage of my time here. I did it all. Went out every night even though waking up for class was awful, ate everything even though I knew I was gaining weight, made incredible new friends, traveled everywhere I could and saw amazing things like the clocktower in Prague, the Lennon Wall, the Vatican, the sun set over beautiful Florence, rode camels in Morocco. Everything. I loved every minute of it. And even though I will be paying off student loans forever, it was so worth it to be able to live this incredible experience.
So $8,000 poorer, 10 pounds bigger, 5 shades darker, 10,000 pictures, and 1 million memories later...Sevilla, NO8DO.
 |
| Abril (a club), every Friday. |
 |
| Botellon (pregaming) at Torre de Oro every week with all of our friends. |
 |
| Buddha (my favorite club) every Thursday night as a BAMF. My friend Dani.."teach me how to Dougie. |
 |
| The 3rd largest Cathedral in the world. Walked by this everyday for school. |
 |
| CIEE going away party with my intensive session girls. Going to miss them and getting coffee everyday after class for 2 weeks straight. |
 |
| Cien Montaditos 1 euro nights with my interest group. Angela, John, Claire, and I. |
 |
| Definitely going to miss my orientation roommate, first friend, and one of my best friends here Marlee. And of course Bar Julius aka Da Jungle, Toba, 1 euro shots and beers, Room Raiders always on TV, and some crazy times. |
 |
| Demo. Our second home. |
 |
| Things usually got pretty wild at Demo. |
 |
| Feria de Abril. Wow. No words for it other than it made me love Sevilla so much more. |
 |
| Tuesday nights Fundicion. Beer pong, flip cup, free sangria, and the infamous bull. |
 |
| The beautiful Giralda. No other building in the city is taller than it. |
 |
| Long Island and their shots from every state. |
 |
| Long Island. |
 |
| The beautiful narrow cobblestone streets. |
 |
| Amazing architecture and NO8DO everywhere. |
 |
| The delicious pasta I got at my homestay. Tomato sauce, cheese, and tuna. |
 |
| Walking across this bridge everyday and the amazing view of the city at night. |
 |
| The many days spent at the rio and beautiful Torre de Oro. |
 |
| Sevicis all over the city and the crazy rides I had throughout the city. |
 |
| Sevilla FC Futbol game and riding through Sevilla on motorcycle with Jorge, director of my study abroad program. |
 |
| The spectacular views of the city from the Giralda. |
 |
| The amazing weather and drinking at the Yellow Bar. |
No comments:
Post a Comment